Author Topic: Headinghome Recordings & Sleeve Magazine Party  (Read 68418 times)

d3 admin

• Friendly Neighborhood Admin
  • OG
    • d3
Headinghome Recordings & Sleeve Magazine Party
« on: January 15, 2004, 06:33:05 PM »
The editor of Sleeve Magazine sent this over for the d3 crew.  Sounds like it will be a good time so we'd suggest checking it out.  FREE With RSVP using this link, $5 Without.

On Wednesday, January 21, 2004, Headinghome Recordings and Sleeve Magazine join forces to celebrate their third EP and third issue.  Don't miss a stellar local lineup at this special edition of Headinghome (formerly System) at the intimate Hollywood Canteen.

Manning the patio decks will be Hotlips (DJ Lillyanne) & Hawkeye and Ryan Craig, featuring a live performance from John Juster on the saxophone.  Soak up the tech house of The Premature Wig while sipping cocktails inside at the bar.

Launched in October 2002 by Lillyanne & Leonard (a.k.a. Hotlips & Hawkeye), local heroes and founders of the weekly club Headinghome and Internet mix show Futurehouse, Headinghome Recordings steps things up a notch with its third release, Ryan Craig's "Believe."  Featuring remixes from Hotlips & Hawkeye and current production phenom The Premature Wig, this third EP is poised to elevate the imprint to new heights.

Sleeve, an innovative and modern lifestyle magazine showcasing trends in music, culture and global news through an honest and diverse lens, reaches toward higher echelons with a fresh design and an in-depth array of content.  In the third issue, get acquainted with Om Records' youngest superstar Rithma, quench your inquiring mind with DJ Buck and bridge the genre gap with Josh One.  Swing deep with Generate Music, connect with 3 Degrees Global, take an inside look at the famous Burning Man festival and Hit the Decks in Chicago.  The political discussion heats up with analysis on the new California Governor, Democratic Presidential hopeful Dennis Kucinich and the conspiratorial CIA leak.  Much more is inside, including film and literature reviews and fiction so visit us at http://www.mysleeve.com.  

The Hollywood Canteen is located at 1006 Seward Street just south of Santa Monica Boulevard.  Cover is $5 before 11:00 pm with reservations to [email protected].  For more information, please visit http://www.headinghome.net and http://www.mysleeve.com.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1074837600 »

TranceInMotion

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • Trance In Motion
    • Deep Down & Dirty
Re: Headinghome Recordings & Sleeve Magazine P
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 12:05:02 PM »
I will be there. The venue is not much to look at but the atmosphere was nice this week so let's all meet up next week...  ;D
- Freedom is found on the dance floor, in that one single moment that extends forever!!!
- You will never get to heaven if you are scared of getting high ;)

d3 admin

• OG
    • d3
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 10:00:44 AM »
There seems to be some confusion over the cover. We will check into it and get back to everyone.

d3 admin

• OG
    • d3
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 03:56:52 PM »
Ok, everything is cleared up.  Carly got right back to me and this event is indeed free with RSVP.  So we expect to see everyone there.  Her response is below if you're curious.

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion.  The correct info for the 1/21 event is FREE w/
RSVP and $5 without.  We've been back and forth about the cover.  The
response people are getting from the site ($10/$15) is probably for
tonight's futurehouse event, which is a more costly event.  It's an
automated response set for tonight.  If some people from your site are
confused, they can contact me directly.  I don't mind you posting my email;
it's no problem.

Best,

Carly
--
carly miller
editor :: sleeve magazine
www.mysleeve.com

TranceInMotion

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • Trance In Motion
    • Deep Down & Dirty
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 02:07:37 PM »
Ok, everything is cleared up.
- Freedom is found on the dance floor, in that one single moment that extends forever!!!

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 10:08:14 PM »
I rsvp'd.  Who else is going?
playlist:
Menno de Jong - Intuition Podcast 019
Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World Episode 279
Zoltar's Subterranean

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
Re:Headinghome Recordings & Sleeve Magazine Party
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2004, 12:41:05 PM »
What a cool night.  For anyone who didn't go this week, I highly recommend checking it out next week.  The crowd was cool, the music was deep and the venue was great.  The only problem?  TranceinMotion made me leave early!
playlist:
Menno de Jong - Intuition Podcast 019
Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World Episode 279
Zoltar's Subterranean

TranceInMotion

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • Trance In Motion
    • Deep Down & Dirty
Re:Headinghome Recordings & Sleeve Magazine Party
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2004, 08:20:56 PM »
What a cool night.  For anyone who didn't go this week, I highly recommend checking it out next week.  The crowd was cool, the music was deep and the venue was great.  The only problem?  TranceinMotion made me leave early!

oh god  ::) you couldnt find anything else to complain about so came up with that!??!