Author Topic: Streets Radio  (Read 36793 times)

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
Streets Radio
« on: April 10, 2004, 11:22:39 PM »
Has anyone else checked out Streets Radio?  I first noticed them a few weeks ago because they broadcast in the evening on the frequency I was using for my iPod while in the car.  So I gave them a listen and discovered that real dance music is being played on the radio in LA!  They broadcast 7 nights a week on 87.9 FM.  Full on mixed house and techno sets.  They've got a pretty unique model too.  They stream on the internet and encourage people to retransmit.  So far they have been fromage free.  I guess I can't complain that there is nothing good on the radio anymore.  Give them a listen and I think you'll agree.  ;D
playlist:
Menno de Jong - Intuition Podcast 019
Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World Episode 279
Zoltar's Subterranean

spazoid

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • Iz hot in here!
Re:Streets Radio
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 02:50:13 PM »
I've been listening to them for a few weeks now. They only come in on my stereo every once in a while. It is lotsa stuff I've never heard but it's good stuff. Glad you posted the link cuz now I can listen online.
founding member of the socal d3 alliance of house addicted party mongers

twiloalum

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • What time does Junior go on?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 11:58:56 AM »
I hasn't been coming in on the radio the past couple of days.  Are they still on?
Now listening to:
Trance Around the World Podcast - Above & Beyond

Man@Work

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • Slavin' my life away...
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 03:49:08 PM »
it never works...lame!  :(
Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time...

d3 admin

• Friendly Neighborhood Admin
  • OG
    • d3
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 05:21:26 PM »
The online feed is always working. Reception of the over the air feed is spotty depending on where you live in Los Angeles. They only broadcast in the evening, so it won't always come in. It is still by far the best station on the radio.  

Man@Work

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 11:53:41 AM »
The online feed is always working. Reception of the over the air feed is spotty depending on where you live in Los Angeles. They only broadcast in the evening, so it won't always come in. It is still by far the best station on the radio.  

it sux!!!
Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time...

twiloalum

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 12:01:37 PM »
it sux!!!

You've never even heard it, have you?
Now listening to:

Man@Work

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 02:41:50 PM »
it sux!!!

Here we go again...
Yes i have heard it and my reference was not to the type or quality of music that is played but to the inexistant coverage of the broadcast at 87.9!!!
so...

spazoid

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • Iz hot in here!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2004, 04:08:39 PM »
it sux!!!

Here we go again...
Yes i have heard it and my reference was not to the type or quality of music that is played but to the inexistant coverage of the broadcast at 87.9!!!
so...

Sounds like you hit a nerve. Sounds like manatwork has radio envy. Sounds like maybe he should stick with kiisfm so the coverage will please him. Sounds like everyone should stop whining. Sounds like it's time for me to go. Keep the peace mates.
founding member of the socal d3 alliance of house addicted party mongers

Man@Work

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2004, 09:14:24 AM »
it sux!!!

Here we go again...
so...

Sounds like you hit a nerve. Sounds like manatwork has radio envy. Sounds like maybe he should stick with kiisfm so the coverage will please him. Sounds like everyone should stop whining. Sounds like it's time for me to go. Keep the peace mates.

you spaz!!!

NaTaS

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2004, 05:46:36 PM »
Even the online feed has been off and on lately.

Man@Work

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2004, 01:28:34 PM »
Even the online feed has been off and on lately.

It sux!!! end of it. admin close this thread please

twiloalum

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2004, 12:13:17 PM »

Why are you so bitter?
Now listening to:

Man@Work

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2004, 03:17:42 PM »

Why are you so bitter?

I am more frustarted than bitter actually! I enjoyed the few times that there was a decent radio station in LA and then poof it went away :( and this thread is utterly useless that is why i asked for it to be closed.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 03:18:20 PM by Man@Work »