Author Topic: GodsKitchen in LA!!!  (Read 16837 times)

TranceInMotion

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • Trance In Motion
    • Deep Down & Dirty
GodsKitchen in LA!!!
« on: February 05, 2004, 05:57:21 PM »
GodsKitchen have taken control of Spundae, as part of a strategic move into arena tours and festivals in America. GodsKitchen have also signed a $1 million sponsorship deal with Allied Domecq. The first 'Spundae presents GodsKitchen' events will start in April. For a full interview with GodsKitchen owner Neil Moffit, check out the DanceStar magazine available March 1 in Borders stores nationwide.

isnt this just sweet? :)
- Freedom is found on the dance floor, in that one single moment that extends forever!!!
- You will never get to heaven if you are scared of getting high ;)

spazoid

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • Iz hot in here!
Re:GodsKitchen in LA!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 11:57:01 AM »
So what does this mean for the Spundae weeklies? It only talks about arena and festivals tours. What does it mean 'taken control'?  Do they run Spundae now?
founding member of the socal d3 alliance of house addicted party mongers

Man@Work

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • Slavin' my life away...
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 11:28:20 AM »
So what does this mean for the Spundae weeklies? It only talks about arena and festivals tours. What does it mean 'taken control'?  Do they run Spundae now?

I dont know if there will be any change to the Spundae weeklies however i am pretty sure 'taken control' means either they bought the 'Spundae' name or have a contrilling interest in it so yes they will run it :)
Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time...

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 01:01:37 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing the influence Godskitchen will have on Spundae.  At first I have to admit, I was a bit unsure.  Spundae have put on many memorable nights over the past few years in Los Angeles (even longer if you spent any time in San Francisco).  To some of us it has become like a second home on Saturday nights.  I guess my first thoughts to hearing the Godskitchen news was, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  The more I think about it, maybe some new blood will breathe some new life into the LA scene.  

I think just needed a little reassurance that this would be a good thing. I finally got it.  I was reading John 00 Fleming's March write-up and he offers the highest praise to Godskitchen.  Here is what he wrote:
Last month I played my heart out to a crowd that was very intelligent, they knew their music, the atmosphere was electric and I didn't have to play one anthem. No I'm not talking about one of my foreign trips abroad at one of my clubs that I'm all ways bragging about. I'm talking about GodsKitchen in Birmingham. In my eyes they are going to be the saviours of my UK club scene. This year they have completely turned this club around making it into the most forward thinking clubs in the UK. What I love about the Gods crew is that they are very forward thinking and importantly passionate about the music scene. As I said earlier we can't hide the fact that UK club scene took a little turn for the worst last year. Instead of going monthly or sizing down, Gods took a step back, looked at what the punters wanted and have given it to them and given it to them hard. No messing about either, they invested
playlist:
Menno de Jong - Intuition Podcast 019
Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World Episode 279
Zoltar's Subterranean

spazoid

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • Iz hot in here!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 12:41:46 PM »
can i get an amen for jdubb?
founding member of the socal d3 alliance of house addicted party mongers

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 12:17:25 PM »
Less than a week until we get our first taste from the kitchen  :)
playlist:
Menno de Jong - Intuition Podcast 019
Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World Episode 279
Zoltar's Subterranean

TranceInMotion

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • Trance In Motion
    • Deep Down & Dirty
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 10:36:36 AM »
YUMMY!!!  ;D
- Freedom is found on the dance floor, in that one single moment that extends forever!!!
- You will never get to heaven if you are scared of getting high ;)