Author Topic: Talk about stupid...  (Read 21156 times)

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
Talk about stupid...
« on: September 14, 2004, 06:01:10 AM »
Ok, so I am reading an article in the nytimes about how the fda and drug companies have basically covered up the fact that antidepressants can make people acutely suicidal and I come across this brilliant statement:

But Dr. Temple speculated that some people taking the pills become suicidal because they are actually getting better. As their depression improves, he said, they gain the energy to act on suicidal thoughts that their illness had suppressed.

So what exactly is the genius Dr. Robert Temple trying to say?  That being suicidal is a sign your depression is getting better??  That killing yourself is a sign you are cured?  What a fucking quack.  And this is from the director of the F.D.A.'s office of medical policy.  Gee, wonder who else he gets a paycheck from?

Anyway, if you want to read the article, it is available in full at http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/14/health/14depress.html
playlist:
Menno de Jong - Intuition Podcast 019
Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World Episode 279
Zoltar's Subterranean

spazoid

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • Iz hot in here!
Re:Talk about stupid...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 09:53:02 PM »
Nothing that's any good was ever government approved  ;)
founding member of the socal d3 alliance of house addicted party mongers

Man@Work

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • Slavin' my life away...
Re:Talk about stupid...
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 01:33:55 PM »
...And this is from the director of the F.D.A.'s office of medical policy.  Gee, wonder who else he gets a paycheck from?

hmmm the big bad pharmaceutical companies maybe :D
Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time...