Author Topic: Will a VP Biden try to kill dance music and nightlife in the USA?  (Read 9314 times)

NaTaS

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
I was all for Obama, and I still am, but damn, why did he go and pick Biden? To those who have been in the dance community for a while, you should remember that Biden was the man who was the force behind the RAVE Act in 2002. Should we be worried what's left of US nightlife will come under further attack? What do you guys think?

Back in the day, even hard core conservatives thought he went a bit far. “When he introduced the (RAVE) bill in June (2002), Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., said "most raves are havens for illicit drugs," and congressional findings submitted with the bill label as drug paraphernalia such rave mainstays as bottled water, "chill rooms" and glow sticks,” said Glenn Harlan Reynolds from Fox News at the time, “My three-year-old nephew is fond of bottled water and glow sticks, and usually needs a ‘chill room’. Presumably Biden regards him as a dangerous criminal,” he noted.

“The RAVE Act should, all by itself, serve to explode Democratic claims that it's only the Republicans who pose a danger to civil liberties,” he continued. “Nothing in the Bush administration's anti-terror plans would criminalize bottled water. Unfortunately, the RAVE Act also suggests that there's a lot of raving going on in Washington — raving lunacy,” he added.

twiloalum

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • What time does Junior go on?
Re: Will a VP Biden try to kill dance music and nightlife in the USA?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 02:01:28 PM »
Both VP candidates seem pretty lame.  :(  Go with the better candidate for Pres.
Now listening to:
Trance Around the World Podcast - Above & Beyond