Author Topic: Get ready... Paul van Dyk NYE @ Giant!  (Read 9931 times)

d3 admin

• Friendly Neighborhood Admin
  • OG
    • d3
Get ready... Paul van Dyk NYE @ Giant!
« on: November 05, 2002, 07:04:12 PM »
The event of the year goes down on 12.31.02 near downtown Los Angeles.  The Giant Village will be back once again with none other than trance uber-dj Paul van Dyk.  My details to come.  Start making plans now!  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1074837600 »

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
Re: Get ready... Paul van Dyk NYE @ Giant!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 12:57:39 PM »
Anyone interested in going let me know.  I'd like to get a fun group together and have a blast this NYE.  Mark my word... this will be the best party going on in Los Angeles come Jan. 1 2003 @ 12:01am!
playlist:
Menno de Jong - Intuition Podcast 019
Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World Episode 279
Zoltar's Subterranean

TranceInMotion

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • Trance In Motion
    • Deep Down & Dirty
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2002, 05:20:59 PM »
I am definitely going...count me in ;)
- Freedom is found on the dance floor, in that one single moment that extends forever!!!
- You will never get to heaven if you are scared of getting high ;)

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2002, 06:38:06 PM »
I knew I could count on you trance... that was a given  :D
playlist:
Zoltar's Subterranean

djmoody

• Member of the Massive
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2002, 05:55:10 AM »
I heard Danny Howells was playing on NYE... now if you want a party...that's the place.  I think this is PVD's 3rd NYE in a row in Los Angeles!!!

d3 admin

• Friendly Neighborhood Admin
  • OG
    • d3
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2002, 03:08:14 AM »
The Giant lineup is just getting better!
Check out who'll be performing:
Paul Van Dyk, Danny Howells, The Crystal Method (Exclusive DJ Set), Tall Paul, Mark Farina, Luke Fair, Jason Bentley, Mark Tabberner, DJ Colette, Sol, John Do and Justin Gourley.

They are shutting down several blocks downtown, here is more info:
The GIANT Village New Year's Eve “Block Party” features three stages with abundant bar and lounge areas. In addition to Top International and Local DJ Talent and an always awe-inspiring GIANT light and sound production, our focus this year is to ensure a very special evening from start to finish... parking, ease of entrance and, of course, beverage service. Located in the heart of the "New Downtown" the GIANT Village encompasses the 500 Block of Flower Street and is framed on all sides by the towering skyscrapers of Downtown Los Angeles. Also known as the Financial District, this modern area of Downtown offers thousands of parking spaces in both open lots and garages adjacent to the event. Directions and parking information will be available at www.giantclub.com in the coming weeks. Special thanks to: LA2Nite.com and the Downtown Center Business Improvement District (DC BID). Exclusive Webcast by WantMyMusic.com. Midnight Fireworks Rooftop Spectacular provided by the DC BID. The "URB Stage," brought to you by URB Magazine features thunderous EAW Sound by JK Sound. "Club BPM, " brought to you by BPM Magazine is powered in surround sound by Sound Factory Systems. Ambient Decor and Lighting by Kinetic Sculptures. Ferris Wheel and Amusements by Carnival Midway Attractions. 1500 Luxury Hotel Rooms will be available at "GIANT" discount rates at two hotels next to the GIANT Village. We will be releasing more information on Hotel Packages on Monday, November 18, 2002. Tickets to the GIANT Village must be purchased separately from Hotel Rooms. A VIP Area and VIP Tickets will be offered, more information on to follow.
Doors Open at: 7:00 PM
Doors Close at: 4:00 AM
Ages: 21 and up
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:11 PM by -1 »

Man@Work

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • Slavin' my life away...
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2002, 04:35:00 AM »
I will be there...
Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time...

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2002, 05:20:07 PM »
Got my tickets, who else is in?
Digweed won't even compare to this show.
Anyone needing tickets, here is a $40 seriously discounted link:
http://www.groovetickets.com/club.asp?affilID=161
Hurry, I'm sure they'll go quick and you'll have to pay $65.
Who wants to preparty?
playlist:
Zoltar's Subterranean

twiloalum

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • What time does Junior go on?
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2002, 08:01:15 AM »
So who's going?  Should I start a NYE preparty thread?  This is gonna be great!
Now listening to:
Trance Around the World Podcast - Above & Beyond

Man@Work

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • Slavin' my life away...
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2003, 09:50:29 AM »
veni, vidi, vici :) it was a very good night and a great environment to welcome 2003...i wish we had been able to gather a larger group of people...1luv
Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time...

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2003, 05:19:35 PM »
Ahhh yes.  The Giant NYE celebration.  
A look back:

After running around the block from checking in at Bonaventure and getting wrist band #1, to giant will call and back around the block again... then to another line to get another wrist band.  Finally around 11:30 I could relax.

TCM was on and the set sounded so-so... others who listened to more said the same.  Off to the bar.  Run into people ya know all over the place.  Off to Danny Howells.  Great set.  Balloon drop off the standard roof at midnight.  PvD came on around 1ish.  As we all know I am one of his biggest fans, but his set was a major let down.  To the point were I was bored and almost ready to leave because it wasn't very danceable due to the start and stop mixing.  Add to that the dance area had a big area where the speaker seemed to not really reach.  

So after the show is over was off to afterhours.  Now the guy after PvD left announced that Tall Paul would be spinning at 8th and Spring.  Apparently we went to the wrong place.  We ended up at some run down theatre after the show.  How run down you ask??  Well let me just say that after we walked into the place that a chunk of the ceiling fell from 3 stories up and crashed down to the left of the dance floor.  But we stayed for several hours anyway.  The dj was really good.  Played some sick mixes of some great songs and the mix was flawless.  I have to give the guy props.  The place took me back to the early-mid 90s with all the white gloves, whistles and wings.  As the sun rose it was time to take the taxi home and the night was over.   8)
A good time with some good friends and 2003 was off to a great start.
Happy New Year everyone  :)
playlist:
Zoltar's Subterranean