Author Topic: Moby Mixmag Compilation  (Read 6889 times)

twiloalum

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • What time does Junior go on?
Moby Mixmag Compilation
« on: October 25, 2003, 03:14:34 PM »
This has to be one of the worst cd's I've ever had attached to a magazine (Mixmag, Ministry or anything else).  There are maybe two decent songs - one from Iggy Pop (one of the songs that was in trainspotting) and a Black Riot song from way back in the day.  Moby didn't even take the time to mix the thing (hence being called a 'compilation').  This just give me another reason to feel like moby is one of the most overrated dance music artists.  He became a pop music darling because his music is blah.  I admit I like a song or two of his, but for the most part it is boring.  So if you buy mixmag for the free cd, this is a month to skip.  There are a few articles that are good for a laugh though.  My 2 cents.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1074837600 »
Now listening to:
Trance Around the World Podcast - Above & Beyond

spazoid

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • Iz hot in here!
Re: Moby Mixmag Compilation
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 05:04:39 PM »
heard it over at a friend's.  complete crap.  the mag was good though.  interesting article on i.
founding member of the socal d3 alliance of house addicted party mongers

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
Re: Moby Mixmag Compilation
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 10:14:07 AM »
The CD was bad.  I agree.  But this issue was really good.  I love the article on 'posh clubbing'... seems like a night at the cheesy poser Hollywood clubs.   The assessment of the djs at posh clubs was dead on.  Fade down/fade up - you call that mixing?  The article on i was interesting.  My favorite part is still the mongo hotline.   :D :D :D Always good for a laugh.
playlist:
Menno de Jong - Intuition Podcast 019
Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World Episode 279
Zoltar's Subterranean