Author Topic: Dancestar news for 9/12  (Read 7199 times)

^chloe^

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
Dancestar news for 9/12
« on: September 12, 2003, 05:37:56 AM »
More p.diddy goodness than you can shake a stick at.

DanceStar USA - Global Report

Issue 010 September 12 2003

--DANCESTAR EXCLUSIVE!--

P. Diddy has revealed that all proceeds from his forthcoming electronic album will go to charity. Speaking to Pacha magazine he states, "I'm not making this record for money. All the money will go to a charity. I think I can help put the light onto dance culture but this isn't about me. I don't want the attention. I just want to make people dance." Felix da Housecat is now the leader of the whole project. Diddy states, "He can see my vision."

Javier Zuker, one of Argentina's leading DJs, headlines a spectacular ski event in Patagonia on September 26. Titled Vinyl Rider II - Snowland, it takes place in at the Cerro Castor resort on Fireland island at the very tip of Patagonia. Access is by chairlift only. For more information contact [email protected]

The Cuban Brothers unveil a new performance at London's Rouge on October 30. The new show features a vocal appearance from Jocelyn Brown and Roy Ayers. The night also features sets from Tom Middleton, Rob da Bank, Audio Bullys and two up-and-coming DJs called George Michael and Simon Le Bon!

Creamfields Turkey takes place on Saturday in Istanbul with Fergie, Timo Maas and Jon Creamer. Live acts include Placebo, Junkie XL, Hybrid and Way Out West.

Mr Dan, one-half of Sunday Best act Lazyboy, has produced the first single from the new Kylie Minogue album. It was co-written with Emiliana Torrini.

Faithless make an unplugged appearance at Peace One Day at London's Brixton Academy on September 20. The event - campaigning for world peace - also features Badly Drawn Boy, Norman Jay, 1 Giant Leap and Badmarsh & Shri.

Fischerspooner have directed the video for LCD Soundsystem's underground hit 'Losing My Edge'.

Nervous Records are closing down their New York store. DJ bags, t-shirts, jackets and slipmats are all going at cheap, cheap prices. The sale runs until 5pm tonight! Full address is: Nervous Records, 363 7th Ave. 16th floor, New York. Tel: 1.212.273.1135.

Arthur Baker hosts one of his legendary Return To New York parties this Saturday at the annual In The City music convention in Manchester, England. The line-up includes a DJ set from New Order plus live performances from Peaches and Loose Cannons. Baker and Sean McCluskey also DJ. The event takes place at Sankeys Soap. Tonight, Wall Of Sound team up with Bugged Out to host the same venue with Jacques Lu Cont, Elliot Eastwick and Miles Hollway plus Themroc and Mark Jones.

Daft Punk present the US premier of their animated musical Interstella 5555 at Resfest, America's digital film festival which takes place between September 18-21.

Yello's Dieter Meier is keynote speaker at the 2003 MusicWorks for Adverts convention at the Radisson SAS Hotel in Glasgow, Scotland. The convention starts on October 29 and Meier's speech is titled Selective Synchronisation - Music in Advertising.

Jeff Mills is taking over a residency at Womb in Tokyo, Japan, every week for the whole of October. Mike Banks and Underground Resistance will join him on one of the dates. www.axisrecords.com

The Streets, Sigur Ros and Floetry are all nomimated for America's Shortlist Music Prize which takes place at the Wiltern Theatre in LA on October 5. The panel of judges include Perry Farrell, Spike Jonze, Erykah Badu and The Neptunes. All nominated albums have sold fewer than 500,000 copies and the event is to be broadcast on MTV 2 US.

House pioneer Danny Rampling has compiled the music for Antonio Baradi's fashion show in Milan, Italy, at the end of October.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1074837600 »
Men are like.....Lava lamps.  
Fun to look at, but not all that bright.

NaTaS

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
Re: Dancestar news for 9/12
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 12:44:27 PM »
can we have one dstar news without pdidldy?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1074837600 »