Author Topic: Dancestar news for 9/5  (Read 9001 times)

^chloe^

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
Dancestar news for 9/5
« on: September 05, 2003, 12:38:55 PM »
DanceStar USA - Global Report

Issue 009 September 5 2003

Danny Tenaglia has spoken out against P. Diddy's dance record on www.space-ibiza.com. "I do not know Puff nor do I think he has what it takes to save dance music. No disrespect but judging from 'Let's Get Ill', he should stick to hip-hop."

Buzz in Washington DC, closed down by the authorities one year ago, reopens on September 12 at Nation under the guise of Cubik. Buzz has recently been operating in Baltimore. Buzz was nominated for Best Club Night at DanceStar 2003.

Laurent Garnier releases a triple compilation on his F Communications label on October 1. Titled 'Excess Luggage 3' it features three of his favourite ever DJ sets. It covers Old School at Sonar, Techno Soul in Detroit and Emotion - The PBB Mix.

John Digweed celebrates three years of his Kiss 100 radio show on September 12. The popular weekly show is broadcast Fridays from 12-2am, and is archived at www.johndigweed.com.

Moonshine has secured the rights to release Pete Tong's Essential Selection CDs in America. The first release is out on October 21.

Peter Rauhofer's Star 69 imprint is to release a compilation for Space 34 in Miami, one of the best clubs in the world. It is mixed by Oscar G. Other forthcoming releases on Star 69 include 'I Try' by Canadian producers Made By Monkeys and 'Kiss My Eyes' by Bob Sinclar.

DanceStar USA is creating the Nominations Committee for the 2004 American Dance Music Awards. The full list of names, which serves as a guide to the major players in American dance music, will be announced at the Billboard Dance Summit on September 22 and listed on www.dancestar.com.

Josh Wink's classic 'Don't Laugh', which caused controversy when Detroit minimalist Dan Bell accused Wink of ripping off his 'Losing Control' cut, is to be re-released by Nervous. It comes with remixes by Willie Morales and Robbie Rivera from Juicy Music. It is already a huge tune for Tenaglia, Louie Devito and Erick Morillo.

Trufest, London's new inner city music festival, takes place this Sunday in London at the Kings Cross Freight Depot incorporating The Key, Canvas and The Cross. The event runs from 11am until 3am Monday morning. The event features Audio Bullys live, Soul II Soul, Free*Land plus stages from Rob da Bank's Sunday Best, Movement, Sancho Panza and Andy Weatherall's Haywire Sessions. www.trufest.com

Paul Van Dyk performed an incredible gig in Central Park, New York, last week. Several thousand clubbers attended, and it included one of the best lazer shows the location has ever seen. Van Dyk launches his new album at 'Love03' at Shane's Castle, Antrim, Northern Ireland, on Saturday September 13.

The new issue of BPM, DanceStar's Magazine Of The Year 2003, is out September 9 and features breakthrough electronic act The Postal Service on the cover. That night, Dntel from Postal Service will spin at BPM's Release event in LA.

Michael Pelmutter, music supervisor of Showtime hit series Queer As Folk is to speak at the Billboard Dance Summit in New York on September 22.

Jellybean Benitez is to release the soundtrack to the movie Dummy on September 30 on his Jellybean Recordings label. The film opens on September 12 and features Adrien Brody, Milla Jovovich and Illeana Douglas.

Atmosfere, San Francisco's underground house club, celebrates its fourth anniversary on Saturday at Club Six with guest Dennis Ferrer (partner with Kerri Chandler in Sfere Recordings).

XLR8R magazine celebrate ten years in existence with a party at The Clemente Soto Velez Cultural Center in New York on Saturday. DJs include LFO, Mathematics, Negroclash, JT Donaldson and Tim Shumaker.

Frankie Knuckles launched his Sunday afternoon monthly residency at Ciello in New York in July and last week's event was another huge success. The next 'Better Days' party is on Sunday October 12. Keep it free!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1074837600 »
Men are like.....Lava lamps.  
Fun to look at, but not all that bright.

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
Re: Dancestar news for 9/5
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 01:08:26 PM »
I love it!

Danny Tenaglia has spoken out against P. Diddy's dance record on www.space-ibiza.com. "I do not know Puff nor do I think he has what it takes to save dance music. No disrespect but judging from 'Let's Get Ill', he should stick to hip-hop."  

Good to see that d3 aren't the only ones who feel this way.  Now if only the rest of the dance community would stop kissing his butt.
playlist:
Menno de Jong - Intuition Podcast 019
Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World Episode 279
Zoltar's Subterranean

spazoid

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • Iz hot in here!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 03:22:38 PM »
fluffy sucks
founding member of the socal d3 alliance of house addicted party mongers

twiloalum

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • What time does Junior go on?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2003, 05:38:01 AM »
The only people who like his stuff are those who want to remix it and ride on his fame.
Now listening to:
Trance Around the World Podcast - Above & Beyond

Man@Work

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • Slavin' my life away...
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2003, 06:02:37 PM »
I love 'let's get ill' remixes ok? they ROX!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time...

twiloalum

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • What time does Junior go on?
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2003, 05:04:11 AM »
M@W are you serious?  I hope there is some sarcasm in that post.
Now listening to:
Trance Around the World Podcast - Above & Beyond