Author Topic: Coachella Music Festival 2004  (Read 42260 times)

d3 admin

• Friendly Neighborhood Admin
  • OG
    • d3
Coachella Music Festival 2004
« on: February 29, 2004, 11:20:10 PM »
May 1 & 2
Empire Polo Field
81-800 Avenue 51
Indio, CA 92201

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

1-day passes are $75 each + $1 to charity plus applicable service charges.

A limited number of 2-day passes will be $140 each + $2 to charity plus applicable service charges.

The full line-up by day is as follows:

Saturday: Radiohead, The Pixies, Kraftwerk, Wilco, The (International) Noise Conspiracy, The Rapture, Desert Sessions, Laurent Garnier, Hieroglyphics, Kinky, Stereolab, Future Sound of London, And you will know us by The Trail of Dead, Peretz, Death Cab for Cutie, Sparta, LCD Soundsystem, Living Legends, Sander Kleinenberg, The Black Keys, The Sounds, Howie Day, Junior Senior, Mark Farina, Moving Units, Sahara Hotnights, Electric Six, The Stills, Seb Fontaine, 22-20's, Da Lata, Juana Molina, Phantom Planet, Mindless Self Indulgence, Dios, Jem, Q and not U, stellastarr*, Erase Errata, The Section Quartet, DJ Icon.

Sunday: The Cure, The Flaming Lips, Air, Belle & Sebastian, Basement Jaxx, Paul Van Dyk, Bright Eyes, Atmosphere, Thursday, BRMC, Cursive, Le Tigre, The Crystal Method, Dizzee Rascal, Adam Freeland, Mogwai, Ash, 2many Dj's, Muse, Sidestepper, Donald Glaude, Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, The Thrills, Broken Social Scene, Richard Fearless, The Sleepy Jackson, Ferry Corsten, Prefuse 73, !!!, The Cooper Temple Clause, Sage Francis, T. Raumschmiere, The Killers, Home Town Hero, The Section Quartet.

For information about nearby hotels, camping facilities, restaurants and more, check out www.coachella.com.

SAT May 1st (1 day pass) BUY via Ticketmaster ONLINE HERE

SUN May 2nd (1 day pass) BUY via Ticketmaster ONLINE HERE

BOTH SAT May 1st & SUN May 2nd (limited 2-day pass) BUY via Ticketmaster ONLINE HERE

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
Re:Coachella Music Festival 2004
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 01:43:24 AM »
WOW!  This lineup is the best they have ever had.  I can't believe I can see the Cure and Paul van Dyk in one day!  Why oh why does it have to take place during finals.  Finals or PvD???  We all know what the correct answer to that is  ;)
playlist:
Menno de Jong - Intuition Podcast 019
Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World Episode 279
Zoltar's Subterranean

Man@Work

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • Slavin' my life away...
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 01:12:58 PM »
WOW!  This lineup is the best they have ever had.  I can't believe I can see the Cure and Paul van Dyk in one day!  Why oh why does it have to take place during finals.  Finals or PvD???  We all know what the correct answer to that is  ;)

well are you going then? hmmmm?
Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time...

twiloalum

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • What time does Junior go on?
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 11:41:37 AM »
How's everyone doing? Been away from the board for a while. Nice to see it alive and well. Coachella looks like it will be great this year. I can't wait. It will be the first time I've been out in a while. It's spring and time to end my hibernation. Never thought I'd get a chance to see Kraftwerk.
Now listening to:
Trance Around the World Podcast - Above & Beyond

NaTaS

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 12:07:45 PM »
So who is going and to which day? Where are peeps staying? I still need tickets. I was thinking of going to day 2. If anyone wants to carpool let me know.

twiloalum

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • What time does Junior go on?
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 12:44:04 PM »
So who is going and to which day? Where are peeps staying? I still need tickets. I was thinking of going to day 2. If anyone wants to carpool let me know.

I'm down to carpool. I sent over a pm with my contact info. I'm only going for day 2.
Now listening to:
Trance Around the World Podcast - Above & Beyond

Man@Work

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 12:56:25 PM »
I was contemplating on going since I really want to see PvD and the Cure yet the weather forcast is 105 for Sunday so I am a little skeptical...who is going for sure with tickets?  ???
Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time...

NaTaS

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 04:52:19 PM »
I bought my $92  :o general admission ticket. Probably heading out with twiloalum. Not sure when we're leaving or when we're coming back. I wish there was a schedule.

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 09:14:49 PM »
Hey kids... so who went and how was it?  d3 minds want to know!
playlist:
Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World Episode 279
Zoltar's Subterranean

Man@Work

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »
I heard that it was too hot to actually enjoy the music...  :P

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2004, 01:00:14 AM »
Here is a review of the dance music part of the festival:

http://www.lacitybeat.com/article.php?id=888&IssueNum=48

enjoy!
playlist: