Author Topic: J00F & James Holden @ Spundae May 15  (Read 9031 times)

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
J00F & James Holden @ Spundae May 15
« on: May 18, 2004, 01:12:04 PM »
Had to go to this one.  On his last two visits to Los Angeles, John has thrown down some amazing sets.  Also, it was an opportunity to finally see James Holden spin live.  (On a side note, did anyone check out Way Out West and Hernan Cattaneo?  How was it?)

So we arrived a little later than expected, but the crowd was a little lighter than expected.  Once inside, things looked pretty good and the club had a 'comfortable' number of people.  James was spinning a nice set that was a little harder than what I was expecting.  For some reason I was expecting a set that was more like the sets he was spinning two-three years ago.  I hate to say it, but I was more in social mode at this point so I don't have a good list of tracks he spun.  

While in social mode, I had the opportunity to speak to Mr. John '00' Fleming.  We chatted a little about the closing of Arc (where he had his residency).  Then I asked what his plans were for the summer.  He said that he'll be in Ibiza headlining Privledge with Marco V for what sounds like will be an excellent night.  It was cool to hear John praise Marco's style.  John also had praise for the LA scene which is good news for all his fans here in LA.  I asked if he was going to be in town for the Traffic 2 year party on Monday, but he said he had to head back to the UK in the morning.  Next we chatted a little about what we'll hear next coming from his studio.  He said he's got a new compilation in the works and that he plans to release it as a digital download that can be purchased through his site.  If you haven't already checked out his site, I highly recommend you do.  John's site is located at john00fleming.com.  He's got a setup so you can purchase J00F recordings on vinyl or through digital download.  We chatted a little more and I thanked him for coming back to LA again.  John is a true class act... he loves what he does (and it shows) and he doesn't mind taking a few minutes to talk to a fan.  

Still in social mode, I also talked to the guys from Traffic.  The main topic was the anniversary party.  They were excited to have James Holden spinning and were promising a great evening (and they didn't disappoint).  They also let on to who was going to headline the 3 year party next year... but that's a secret  ;)

John took over from James and continued to build on the momentum of an already excellent night.  The crowd was loving every minute and wishing the night would never end.  I was really bad about paying attention to what was played... but I can tell you that it was another immaculate set put together by one of the world's best.  There is something magical about Mr. Fleming's sets that keep the Spundae crowd dancing until the lights come on and they tell us to go home.  

So that's how the evening went down...
playlist:
Menno de Jong - Intuition Podcast 019
Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World Episode 279
Zoltar's Subterranean

^chloe^

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
Re:J00F & James Holden @ Spundae May 15
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 04:50:39 PM »
I really need to start going out on Saturday nights. Thanks for reminding me of all the fun I'm missing.
Men are like.....Lava lamps.  
Fun to look at, but not all that bright.