Author Topic: New Mix  (Read 63243 times)

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
Re:New Mix
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 02:02:04 AM »
Congrats on the mix John.  I'm really feeling this.  I was sitting here tonight not paying attention to iTunes and I started thinking, 'what am I listening to? this is sweet.'  I thought it was one of my Nick Warren mixes.  So I checked and it was your mix.  Definitely quality stuff if I would confuse it for Nick Warren.  The transitions all seemed really smooth and track selection flowed nicely.  Let us know when your next mix is ready or if you are ever djing in the LA area.  I'd love to check out a live set.
playlist:
Menno de Jong - Intuition Podcast 019
Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World Episode 279
Zoltar's Subterranean

John Fisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2004, 09:29:54 AM »
Thanks for taking out time for making some feedback :)

Ive played trance for about 5 years, only been playing prog house and breaks for a couple of months. Means i play out far less (none at the moment) but im enjoying the sound im getting into.

I liked the flow too, you think i shoudl stick with it ? I mean to start off with some prog, build it up a little, some breaks to take it down and then dare i say some more slighty uplifting tunes.  

Anway, ill def keep you posted on here with my mix CD's.

MSN is [email protected] :)

jdubb

• Member of the Massive
  • d3 addict
  • ~bang that funky beat~
    • the rose boutique
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2004, 04:44:58 PM »
I liked the flow too, you think i shoudl stick with it ? I mean to start off with some prog, build it up a little, some breaks to take it down and then dare i say some more slighty uplifting tunes.  

I think the flow was right on.  You went through a few different styles, but not to extremes, so each style built on the other.  For a 76 minute mix, you were able to take quite a musical journey.  The cool thing is that you never seemed rushed to fit so much in a short amount of time.  I really liked the way you took it pretty deep around the hour mark before switching to some lighter stuff.
playlist:
Menno de Jong - Intuition Podcast 019
Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World Episode 279
Zoltar's Subterranean

John Fisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2004, 05:37:02 AM »
Well thnaks a lot, what you liked was what i was trying to achieve. Id love a 2 hour set in a club playing this style :)

Ill keep you posted on my next mix.

spazoid

• Member of the Massive
  • OG
  • Iz hot in here!
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »
Finally took a listen. Nice work. It was worth the effort to get the dl working. I got a few questions. What type of setup are you using? Did you do any protools post work or was this a live mix? just curious. One of these days I'll get back into mixing when i have the cash to drop on the latest tunes.
founding member of the socal d3 alliance of house addicted party mongers

John Fisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 07:12:11 AM »
i used a djm 600, 2 x 1210's mk3 & 2 x cdj 800's. I dont use any pro tools, just mixed :)

If ya get some decks and want some advice just PM me

Thnaks again for the feedback :):)